The Book Club
The themes of caring and advocating for an ill loved one, finding resiliency in times of trial, and finding one's place in his or her family makes "The Hunny Bunny" an excellent choice for book clubs. I'd love to join your discussion in person if you're in the Pittsburgh area. I travel frequently for work, so do not hesitate to check my availability as I may be in your area. Please email me at email@example.com if your book club is interested!
Suggested Book Club Questions:
- What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately, or take some time to get into?
- What was your favorite quote/passage?
- What themes did you identify throughout the book?
- How did the author change throughout the story? How did your opinion of them change?
- Do you feel differently now than you did before you read it?
- What feelings did this book evoke for you?
- What did you think of the book's length? If it's too long, what would you cut? IF too short, what would you add?
- Did you think the author's use of The Beach Boys throughout the book contributed to the story?
- What do you think the author's purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was he trying to get across?
- If you could hear this same story from another person's point of view, who would you choose?
- How well do you think the author built the world in the book?
- Did the book's pace seem too fast/too slow/just right?
- How honest do you think the author was being?
- What gaps do you wish the author had filled in? Were there points where you thought he shared too much?
- Think about the other people in the book besides the author. How would you feel to have been depicted in this way?